net branch » Opportunity » New Hampshire
Mortgage Net Branch new Hampshire
What should I look for when opening a mortgage net branch in New Hampshire?
One of the most important things you should look for is good support from the larger mortgage company with whom you are affiliated. After all, this operating a net branch in NH is basically a partnership, and both companies stand to profit when working together is made easier.
When negotiating with the larger mortgage company at which you are seeking a New Hampshire net branch opportunity, ask them how much support they provide to their local net branches and what type of support it is. Your questions may include the following:
- What is your fee policy? Do you charge a monthly flat fee or is it on a "per loan" basis?
- How are payroll duties handled? Are they on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis?
- Do you have a net worth requirement? If so, how much must my net worth be?
- Am I eligible for any company benefits, including medical and dental insurance, the ability to contribute to a retirement plan, or any others? If so, is there a waiting period before I become eligible?
- How much branch autonomy will I have? What methods or techniques must I clear with the "home office" before implementing?
- Will I have a specific support person, or can I approach anyone in the company?
These are just a few questions you will want to ask your prospective "affiliate" or "partner". And, when you do, take notice of their willingness of lack thereof to answer these questions. This will provide you with greater insight into how much support you can expect. If they seem reluctant to answer your questions, how do you know this same reluctance won't carry over into their willingness to provide support once you open your mortgage net branch in New Hampshire?